Thursday, February 26, 2015

On the Wall

I am still really enjoying the CCM (MTC in Spanish). My comp rocks and sometimes I think we should be comedians...we are so funny!! haha My district is hilarious as well.
So this week was interesting:
On monday we were just sitting in class and a branch president form another district (President Nelisson) walked into our room. Only the 4 of us Hermanas were in the room (I dont remember where the Elders went) but he was like "how are you guys?" and we said we were good. Then he said he had a feeling he needed to come talk to us. So we started talking and it turns out the district he is over is on the 3rd floor and we are on the first floor. First he started talking about sister missionaries and telling us that about 90% of sister missionaries are average and 10% of the sister missionaries are outstanding. He told us he wanted us to be in the 10% even though he didnt know us. He told us the reason sisters have a harder time on missions is because everyone has always told sister missionaries how wonderful they are so when they get in the field and someone tells them their messages is stupid the sisters usually get sad, he told us to use that as motivation.
Then he talked to us about Samuel the Lamanite and how we need to be like Samuel because Samuel wasnt just a basic missionary, he was one of the best missionaries ever to live. Samuel was a COR missionary. COR stands for "culture of righteousness" missionary. COR also stands for power, because when you are doing anything physical your core is your power (he is a football coach). This is how it works: good missionaries try and they get blessings, better missionaries have exact obedience and they get miracles, the best missionaries are the COR missionaries and they receive Power form God + miracles + blessings.

   Best: COR=POWER
                  +
  Better: exact obedience=Miracles
                  +
   Good: trying= blessings

COR missionaries wake up at exactly 6:30 and not 6:31 because COR missionaries wouldn't dare disappoint their Father in Heaven. Exact obedience isnt enough. We need to be doing everything we can to be worthy of Gods POWER, miracles, and blessings. We need to be like Samuel. We need to stand on the wall and tell the world of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. So that is what my companion and I have committed to do. Every time we dont want to do something we say "stand on the wall" and it reminds us who we are really working for.
 Then President Nelisson said "who's the one that thinks they are struggling with Spanish" and I slowly put my hand in the air. He said "follow me" so all of us sisters followed him up the stairs and he took us to this room and told me to sit in this chair. He then proceeded to tell me that he was in that exact chair 22 years ago and that he didnt know Spanish but the rest of his class did. He said they used to have to pass lessons off with their teacher and one day his teacher told them it was time to pass lessons off so he ran up to the board and put his name in the last slot so that he would have more time to prepare. As he sat back down the spirit told him to "knock it off" so he went back up to the board and put his name in the spot to go first. He said he went out and taught the best lesson of his life. He said that he was saying things he didnt even know in English. Then he told me that I have to "knock it off" he told me that the Lord will help me. He said "Remember how Nephi broke his bow? Well Nephi didnt break his bow, the Lord broke his bow. Its not about the stinkin bow and its not about the stinkin Spanish! You need to have more faith in the Lord. Trust him. God isnt going to leave you alone." I felt like I had been slapped in the face with the spirit!!! Then he said "as a missionary it's like we are running at a brick wall, we run at it full force, 100 MPH, and instead of running into the wall we need to trust that the Lord will lift us over."
I know that I am going to Nicaragua for a reason. I know that the Spanish will come. I can do this, but not alone, I need the Lords help. He will help me. I have committed to be a COR missionary. I know this church is true and I know that missions are hard but a mission is nothing compared to the sacrifice made for us through the Atonement. I love and miss you guys. Be great. BE ON THE WALL!
-Hermana Humpherys

No comments:

Post a Comment